About Barry Kalmanson
Barry Kalmanson, Esquire, a Central Florida native, received both his Building Construction degree and Law degree from the University of Florida. A certified building contractor, Barry Kalmanson has focused his legal practice in the construction industry for more than 30 years. His emphasis is on the representation of subcontractors, material suppliers and construction equipment rental companies.
Barry Kalmanson also serves as:
- General Counsel, National Association of Credit Management – NACM Tampa
- General Counsel, Notice to Owner of Florida, Inc.
- Counsel, Improved Construction Practices Committee (construction legislative trade group)
With an office conveniently located in Central Florida, Barry Kalmanson is able to represent clients in all 67 Florida counties. By working directly with Barry Kalmanson, his clients benefit from his many years of construction experience and legal knowledge, not to mention his full commitment to obtaining the best possible results.
With construction as the focus of his law practice, Barry Kalmanson is well-known for his depth of legal knowledge in construction law and his practical experience as a contractor. He has:
- Successfully represented clients in thousands of construction lien, payment bond actions, and payment disputes. before Federal Trial Courts, State Trial Courts, the State District Courts of Appeal and the Florida Supreme Court.
- Handled more than 50 appeals on construction issues, including representing Florida Independent Concrete and Associated Products, Inc. and Southeastern Association of Credit Management before the Florida Supreme Court.
- Been involved for more than 25 years in drafting legislative amendments relating to the Florida Construction Industry. As a result, Barry Kalmanson has first-hand knowledge of legal developments that impact his clients’ businesses.
- Formulated test questions for the Department of Business and Professional Regulation’s Construction Lien Law portion of the Florida Construction Licensing Exam.
- Served (and continues to serve) as an expert witness for other law firms and attorneys in construction litigation cases.
Throughout his career, Barry Kalmanson has been a frequent lecturer and author on construction lien topics. He wrote How To File A Florida Construction Lien (And Collect!) and has been published in the following publications:
Notice News (A publication of Notice to Owner of Florida, Inc.)
The HBA News (The official publication of the Home Builders Association of Mid-Florida)
The American Subcontractors Association of Central Florida News and The ASA Subcontractor (The official publications of the Central Florida Chapter and the State Chapter of the American Subcontractors Association)
FAEC Central Florida Newsletter (The official publication of the Florida Association of ElectricalContractors)
The Plenum (The official publication of the Air Conditioning Contractors Association).
The Alumanews (The official publication of the Aluminum Association of Florida).
FACT (The official publication of the Florida Air Conditioning Contractors Association).
Florida Lien & Legal Review
As well as many others.
Member, The Florida Bar (1989 – present)
State Certified Building Contractor (1986 – present)
Florida Real Estate Commission Licensed Real Estate Broker (1987- present)
Former Building Inspector Licensed by the Southern Building Code Congress
City of Maitland, Planning and Zoning Board (2013- present); Chairman (2014)
State of Florida Construction Industry Licensing Board (appointed by Governor Jeb Bush)
- Chairman (2008)
- Probable Cause Committee (2008 – present)
- Member (2002 – 2008)
Member, Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section Construction Committee